- Boil water
- Add 1 teaspoon of herbs to your teacup or infuser
- Add boiling water to your chosen tea leaves
- Cover your tea cup and allow the herbs to steep for 5-10 minutes
Why we cover tea cups: After a few minutes of steeping, the water itself begins to change as the herbal tea infuses into it. Depending on which compounds are first released, the water can become mildly acidic, which in turn promotes the proper release of other components in the steeping herbs. The act of covering your tea ensure a full extraction takes place and that the benefiticail essneitla oils contained in the herbs stay in your cup - not to mention covering your tea keeps it toasty while it steeps. We recommend 5-15 minutes of steeping our tea for full effectiveness and potency for the perfect cup of your chosen infusion.
HOW TO MAKE A HOT INFUSION
- Scoop 1 to 3 tablespoons of dried herds into a tea strainer placed into your teapot or mug.
- Heat water until it just comes to a boil.
- Pour hot water over the tea herbs to submerge them.
- Cover your cup or replace the lid on your teapot to hold in all essential oils being released from the herbs
- Steep for 5 to 15 minutes
- Strain and serve